Tuesday 16 February 2010

Casual run

Low key casual run tonight. Ran with jen a couple of last years beginner ladies who are returning after christmas. I know I know.

As pace was very steady gave me chance to play around with different techniques etc. One observation I have made is sometimes merely thinking about a technique seems to invoke a change whether I actually intend to make it happen in the physical or not. Thinking of feet as if on a cycle for instance. Not deliberately trying to make a change just thinking.

Is the change real or imagined? will observe further.
One thing that is for sure though as from "born to run" run easy run light run smooth.
Getting the first bit. The Sat run and tonight felt so easy. No stress on the CV side at all.

Set off on road then about 1 1/2 mile in we took a left across some fields. Again another revelation. The feet seemed to take control of the situation and decided to land in a toes down manner. The going was very soft and sludgy and yet just seemed to glide across. The other three had clumps of muck stuck to their shoes, particularly in the heel region. Hmm wonder why that is? :)
Next field after they had de-clumped we set off again. me with smooth bottomed zero grip footwear, they with tread left them in my wake.
I put it down simply to being in touch with the environment. The feet are allowed to do their job feeding the brain with info so it can do its job.
Rambling on now.
Bring on the hills Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment