Saturday 2 October 2010

barefooting

Now this years running goals have been achieved I feel much more free to practice running barefoot.

Although coming from the other end of the equation, I tend to agree that starting barefoot is perhaps better than starting in vibram fivefingers. The barefoot way, you cannot do too much too soon, your feet will not allow it. I chose a back country lane for peace and privacy. This did however throw up a less than smooth flat surface. Only managed .62 of a mile. Oddly though, that .62 was at a quicker pace than I ever would have imagined. 9:48 pace. If I can increase the distance covered at that kind of pace I will be a happy bunny.

This I treat as a separate entity to shod running even in minimal VFFs. This is about practice rather than training.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment